Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do you need a "Trainer"?

Have you ever seen “The Biggest Loser” before? It’s an inspiring TV show that conveys how lives can be transformed with the help of another. The main focus of the show is helping each person overcome their life-long obstacle… weight. The trainers’ are tough and the expectations are high, but in the end lives are transformed as they walk forward opening up a new doorway to their future.

Each contestant on the show is competing for the prize. They are given the tools to accomplish the task over the course of their journey on “The Biggest Loser Campus.” They have to learn the importance of trusting their trainer. That trainer is like a guide to a new and better way of living. The trainer knows what is best for each contestant’s body. They understand how to help each person move beyond what they thought they were capable of doing. They push, prod, cheer, and run with them along the way to get them to their destination. The end result is inspiring.

I can hear those trainers’ in my mind and see them speaking hope into those contestants. Hope for a brighter future filled with possibilities. As they see each contestant with potential not as what they are… but what they can be… I am inspired as well.

Life is a journey and no journey is the same. We all need hope and inspiration spoken into our lives. We need a guide or trainer to help us along the way to a better way of living. We all share obstacles of some kind that slow us down and can hinder the view of our path ahead. The route can be rough at times. There are bumps, ruts, and distractions to avoid. The weather is unpredictable and the terrain is hazardous. The only way to guarantee we will make it safely through is to choose the right guide to lead us.

Even though I may not understand His methods, I may disagree with His choice of routes, or even if I am ready to give up, I trust “my guide” completely with my life. He knows what is best for me. He knows how far along the path I can go on which days. He knows when I need to rest and when I can run. He pushes me beyond where I thought I could go and challenges me all the way. He prods me, encourages me, empowers me, and makes me stronger in the end. He is my trainer, my guide, my hero, my friend… His name is Jesus. Thank you, Jesus for joining me on this journey. I couldn’t make it with out you.

Don’t do life alone… let Jesus be your “guide.” Let’s take it a step further… don’t just let Jesus be your guide… let Him become your “trainer” as well. He wants to help grow you stronger in your faith-life. He wants to help prepare you for whatever obstacles you may face along the journey. He will give you inspiration, hope, and a life filled with new possibilities. No matter what you are facing on this journey called life, Jesus wants to be there with you to help you on your way. Invite Him to walk with you today. He makes all the difference.

“…For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

Living to leave a legacy,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment