Monday, September 6, 2010

Can I have a DO OVER?


Have you ever wished you could go back and do something over again? I wish at times there was a big remote control for life. Some things I would rewind and do again, the good times I would pause to enjoy longer, and the difficult times I would fast forward through. As I was pondering this thought, I thought of some things I would do differently if I had the chance to go back to school and have a DO OVER. May you be challenged as you read on to redeem the present and strive to make a difference today no matter what your life has looked like in the past.

If I could go back to school I would…
1. SEEK TO FIND MY VALUE, WORTH, AND SELF-ESTEEM IN GOD.
We all have an empty spot inside of us. Friends, fitting into the right social group, boyfriends & girlfriends, getting good grades, having the right clothes and enough money can not fill that “empty spot”.

God alone is the only one that can fill the empty spots of our hearts and give us purpose. He made us on purpose with a purpose.


If I could go back to school I would…
2. CARE MORE WHAT GOD THINKS THAN WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT ME.

I wouldn’t allow others opinions of me or what I do to sway my decision daily to live for God.

I would choose to focus more on growing in God. I would keep God first in my life and not let anything distract me (not even good or little insignificant things). I would be at church every time the doors were open and go on every missions trip I could.


If I could go back to school I would…
3. DO MY BEST AT EVERYTHING REALIZING I WAS DOING IT FOR GOD.

I would have a spirit of excellence! I would try harder at everything… home work, tests, at my job etc… I would realize that I was reflecting God in everything I did and I would want to reflect Him well.


If I could go back to school I would…
4. REFLECT GOD WITH MY WORDS AND ACTIONS EVERY DAY.

I would have public and private integrity. I would live for God 24/7 realizing someone was always watching me. I would keep my word and follow through on what I said I would do. I would be who I say I am all the time. I would not be afraid to speak the truth with boldness in class speeches, with friends in conversation, with teachers, or those opposed to God.


If I could go back to school I would…
5. CROSS BOUNDARIES AND BUILD FRIENDSHIPS

I would step out of my comfort zone and meet others I don’t know. I would sit with different people at lunch and in my classes. I would talk to people in different social classes, races, and grades. I wouldn’t prejudge people based on which social group they were a part of or how much money it seemed they had. I would accept and love everyone for who they were and I would cross traditional boundaries to go out of my way to build friendships.


If I could go back to school I would…
6. LOOK FOR HURTING PEOPLE

I would see each day as a special assignment to love someone for God. I would look for divine appointments. I would try to see my world through God’s eyes. I would look for opportunities to help meet the needs of others. I wouldn’t be so caught up in my own world that I missed the hurting people all around me. I would look for ways to love and serve others on a daily basis. I would choose to be selfless instead of selfish to reflect God well to the world.


If I could go back to school I would…
7. BE A MISSIONARY TO MY CAMPUS

I would see my 40 hour a week job as a missionary to my campus. I would be a messenger to my school of the love of God by living it, showing it, and sharing it with others. I would do my best to reach my campus for God by any means before I graduated.

These are some of the things I wish I could do differently. I can’t go back again now, but I can be who God wants me to be today and so can you. God is real and wants to be real in your life. Begin to really know God and make Him known to others and you will change your world one person at a time! It’s never too late to change your future! Let today be your DO OVER!

Living to leave a legacy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment