Sunday, March 26, 2017

Are you looking for your Prince Charming? (The Lock & Key)


Recently I spoke to a group of middle/high school girls on a topic that is near and dear to my heart.  The title of my workshop was… “How to find your Prince Charming and keep him.”   We talked about how to find our “happily ever after” and how we can plan ahead now for an incredible future. 


I reminded them that it is the choices we make today that determines our future tomorrow.   We need to make wise decisions.  Our focus was concerning boys.   I had a lot of fun teaching.  Hopefully I was able to give the girls some things to think about.

I’ve taken this workshop session and broken it up into three different blog posts for you to enjoy.  If you missed the first two, you can check them out at the links below…

PART 1 (The List)
Part 2 (The Heart)

How can you find and keep your Prince Charming?
1.   Make a List
2.   Ready your heart
3….

RESERVE YOURSELF
Reserve means to hold back, hide away, or keep in a safe place.

I have a question for you.  If I could talk to you in person right now I would say, “I want honest feedback from you.”

How much of your future husband do you want him to SAVE or RESERVE for you?  (His kisses, cuddles, and snuggles… Do you want him to only hold hands with you?  What is okay for him give away and what should he reserve just for you?)

Of course he should SAVE it all, right?  We deserve that!  Well… with that in mind, let’s flip the coin.  I have another question for you.


How much of YOURSELF do you think your Prince Charming wants YOU to save for him? (Your kisses, cuddles, and snuggles.  What is okay to give away and what should you save back?)  

It’s a lot harder to answer that question when it’s pointed toward YOU, isn’t it?  Yep.  We expect A LOT out of our Prince Charming, but we struggle some what with the idea of SAVING anything for him.  Doesn’t our Prince Charming deserve it?  He sure does!

I heard a teen say recently (in regards to what she should save back for her future spouse) “Isn’t that what growing up is all about? …dating lots of guys, exploring, and all that?  It’s what you’re supposed to do.”

Really?!?  “It’s what you are supposed to do.”  I was shocked to hear her nonchalant attitude toward purity… reserving herself for her future spouse.  It was an afterthought.   She hadn’t even considered saving ANYTHING for him at all.  That’s sad. Unfortunately that mindset is prevalent in our culture.

I want to challenge single gals everywhere (and guys too if you are reading) to begin doing things differently as you think toward your future

YOU are worth the wait!!   …and so is your Prince Charming.  In case you didn’t know it, God has an amazing plan for your life.  He really does!  It’s an incredible future!

Jeremiah 29:11 says…
“I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” (MSG)


God has plans for us and they are good, but sometimes our choices can lead us away from God’s BEST for us.


“Don’t throw purity out of the window when it comes  to waiting for 
God’s plan to unfold 
in your life.”



God wants us to lock our bodies away in a sense until our wedding day.  No sneak peaks, messing around, exploring our options, or living with our Prince Charming first to make sure we click.  Nope…We need to trust God completely! 



I don’t know about you, but we don’t give the key to our home to just anyone.  It has to be someone we really trust.  If the key to our home is THAT important wouldn’t you think the keys to our hearts would be more?

Our hearts are more valuable than our homes. 

I want to encourage you to do something crazy… RESERVE the key to your heart for Jesus alone until the day you get married.  Then on your wedding day, hand it over to your husband.

Whoever holds the key to your heart can unlock the door to your body… and that is something that should be RESERVED for after your wedding.

Determine from this moment forward that you are going to reserve it all for your future mate?

You may be reading this thinking… “I didn’t know any of this, nobody told me, now it’s too late!”  Some may have already reaped the consequences of not waiting or have some regrets.  I can’t change that for you, but what I can tell you is that you can start fresh today RESERVING and SAVING yourself from this day forward.

Which do you think your Prince Charming would rather hear? 
Nobody told me so I messed around and when I finally heard the truth it was too late so I just went with it.  Sorry.

Or… nobody told me so I messed up, but from the moment I heard the truth I saved it all for you.

I would say the latter.  It’s never too late for you to do things right.  We need to live differently than the world as Christians.

I John 3:1 says…
“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” 


We are CHILDREN of God.  If God is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords then that means as children we are ROYALTY… Princes and Princesses.

Princesses do things differently.  It’s all over the movies.

1.  They TALK differently and so should we…

Luke 6:45 says…
“… it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.” (NRSV)

If ugliness is inside of us, it will come out of our mouths for all to hear.
 
I can’t remember EVER watching a movie or reading a book about a fairy tale where a Princess cussed someone out, can you?  No way!  That’s crazy!   Princesses don’t act like that and we shouldn’t either, right?

We need to clean up our hearts so clean stuff will come out of our mouths.   Gossip, cussing, negativity, cutting down others, etc… they aren’t becoming of a Princess.   We need to TALK differently.


2.  Princesses DRESS differently and so should we…

Can you think of any fairy tale princesses that dressed scantly showing lots of skin to try to get the attention of her Prince Charming?  I can’t think of any (The little Mermaid doesn’t count… LOL).

We need to think about what kind of guy we want to attract by our clothing.  We need to dress like a Princess.  Don’t they have the MOST beautiful dresses!

We need to do a modesty check each day before we leave the house.  Look in the mirror and ask yourself… “Am I dressing like a Princess today?”  

We need to DRESS differently.



3.  Princesses BEHAVE differently and so should we…

Princesses understand that the choices they make today determine their future tomorrow.  That helps them make their decisions easier of where they go, what they do, and who they do things with.

You need to make wise decisions when it comes to YOUR behavior with guys… Use wisdom in WHERE you go, WHAT you do, and WHO you are with.

If your goal is SAVING yourself… which I hope it is, then you need to do things differently.  You may need to avoid different places like… his bedroom, dark places, or anywhere you can’t be interrupted.  You may need to find some safe things to DO that helps guard your purity.  Spending long hours in a dark car wouldn’t be one of them.  You may need to change WHO you invite to do things with you.  Some people will lead you to do things you never dreamed you would do.  Choose your friends well.  Remember God has an amazing future planned for you and you need to work to protect it.

We need to BEHAVE differently.

How much of yourself do you want to SAVE for your future husband?  
I hope it’s ALL of you.  He will be SO worth the wait!  I promise!!


No matter what your past looks like today concerning guys, I want to encourage you to START FRESH now preparing for your Prince Charming.  SAVE yourself… lock your heart and body away for that special day.  You will never regret it!

Living to leave a legacy,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment